- Pay As You Go Healthcare
- Our Hospital
- Patient Information
- Contact Us
- GP & HP+ Zone
At Claremont Private Hospital we are dedicated to helping you recover from sports injuries. Our team of sports physicians are experts in their fields and can offer rapid assessment, diagnosis and treatment. Whether you are an elite athlete or just enjoy sports in your spare time, our experts can advise on a wide variety of sports and exercise-related injuries. We understand that the sooner you are able to get back to the level of fitness you were at before your injury, the better. Our role is helping you achieve this and minimising the impact your injury has on your life.
With a dedicated physiotherapy consultation service and fully-equipped gyms you are guaranteed a comprehensive level of care. At Claremont our experienced physiotherapists promise to provide you with the professional treatment and rehabilitation you need to make a full recovery.
With any sporting injury it is vital that you identify the underlying causes of injuries and how issues can be avoided in the future. Whatever your sport, we can offer tailored advice, from warm-up tricks and training ideas to a full biomechanical assessment which evaluates the range of muscle strength and joint motion in lower limbs.
Our on-site imaging services use the very latest technology and include x-ray, ultrasound, CT and MRI scans. These services also include reporting by a team of musculoskeletal radiologists to make sure you receive a prompt and accurate diagnosis, as well as helping you make informed decisions about your treatment and recovery.
Our team of consultant orthopaedic surgeons are highly skilled and perform a range of sports-related injuries, including repair of ligament injuries, keyhole surgery, repair of tendon or nerve injuries and the treatment of fractures. It is our ability to offer the best procedures that has helped a multitude of sporting patients such as cyclists, skiers, athletes, footballers, gymnasts, runners and more return to their optimum level of sports performance.
• Knee injuries – anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repair, tendonitis, bursitis, runner’s knee
• Shoulder injuries – rotator cuff disorders, shoulder instability, shoulder dislocation
• Muscle and soft tissue tears
• Ankle injuries – bursitis, achilles tendonitis
• Tendon and ligament injuries
• Elbow injuries – repetitive strain injury, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow
• Back injuries – slipped discs, spinal stenosis, strains and sprains
• Trauma – bone fractures
• Overuse injuries
• Consultation with a dedicated sports physiotherapist
• Air conditioned gym areas with exercise equipment to assist rehabilitation
• On-site access to diagnostic tests, including ultrasound, X-ray, MRI and CT scans
• Experienced team of orthopaedic surgeons
• Therapeutic ultrasound for the treatment of sprains, strains and joint inflammation
• Biomechanical assessments, gait analysis and isokinetic testing
• Hydrotherapy treatments (Parkside Hospital)