Dr John O'Connell
QualificationsMBChB, JCPTGP, Dip Prac Derm, Dip Sports Medicine, PG Cert Cardiology
Claremont Private GP Consultations
Scope of Practice:
- Claremont Private GP Consultations
- Consultations, treatment and management of health conditions
- *Private prescriptions
- *Ear syringing
- *Standard and specialised blood tests
- Urine testing, height, weight, BMI assessment, weight management and lifestyle advice
- *Private referral for diagnostic imaging (including X-ray, MRI, CT, Ultrasound)
- *Health Screening
- *Occupational Health checks
- *Onward private referral to over 240 Claremont Consultants
- Sexual health concerns
- *Cervical smear screening
- *Medical examinations – pre-employment, driving, insurance and immigration
- *Medical reports
- Family planning and contraceptive advice
- Mole and skin assessments
- Sports Medicine
- Welcomes patients from overseas (translation services unavailable at this time)
Please note that payment will be required on the day of appointment. *Additional charges apply for scanning, blood testing, health screening, medical reporting etc.
Training & background:
Dr John O’Connell is a private GP at Claremont Private GP Service.
He qualified in 1985 and since then has undertaken additional training in many areas of medicine including Sport Medicine, joint injections, Dermatology, skin surgery, cosmetic medical procedures, sports fitness medicals and lifestyle advice. Dr O’Connell is also trained in the use of medical lasers.
Dr O’Connell is a friendly and approachable doctor and we are delighted to offer his services at Claremont.
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are recognised by all major health insurers.
Find out more
We welcome patients wishing to pay-as-they-go for treatment and offer a wide range of medical services and procedures.
Find out more