Dr Rod Hughes
Consultant Respiratory Physician
QualificationsMBChB, DM, MBA, FRCPE
- European Respiratory Society
- British Thoracic Society
- Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- President of Sheffield Breathe Easy Patients Group
- BUPA Registered Provider
Respiratory Consultancy Ltd
Scope of Practice:
- Investigation & management of breathlessness
- Investigation & management of cough
- Asthma & chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung blood clots (Pulmonary Embolism)
- Sleep apnoea (snoring and breathing difficulties during sleep)
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
When not working, Dr Hughes enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, playing tennis, running and seeing what the world has to offer.
Training & background:
Dr Hughes is a New Zealand trained Respiratory Physician with a private practice at Claremont.
He has worked in several international renowned hospitals in the UK and participtaed in developing National Guidelines, undertaking extensive research in the fields of airways disease, exercise testing and lung blood circulation.
He has recently completed an MBA in Quality Improvement and is focusing on providing new and innovative ways of providing high quality care to patients.
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are recognised by all major health insurers.
Find out more
We welcome patients wishing to pay-as-they-go for treatment and offer a wide range of medical services and procedures.
Find out more