Dr Stephen Moorhead
Main NHS base:
Baslow Road Surgery & Shoreham Street Surgery
Claremont Private GP Consultations
Scope of Practice:
- Claremont Private GP Consultations
- Consultations, treatment and management of health conditions
- *Private prescriptions
- *Standard and specialised blood tests
- Urine testing, height, weight, BMI assessment, weight management and lifestyle advice
- *Private referral for diagnostic imaging (including X-ray, MRI, CT, Ultrasound)
- *Health Screening
- *Occupational Health checks
- *Onward private referral to over 200 Claremont Consultants
- Sexual health concerns
- *Cervical smear screening
- *Medical examinations – pre-employment, driving, insurance and immigration
- *Medical reports
- Family planning and contraceptive advice
- Mole and skin assessments
- Sports Medicine
- Welcomes patients from overseas (translation services unavailable at this time)
Please note that payment will be required on the day of appointment. *Additional charges apply for scanning, blood testing, health screening, medical reporting etc.
Training & background:
Dr Moorhead is an NHS GP at Baslow Road Surgery and Shoreham Street Surgery, as well as being part of Claremont Private GP Service.
He qualified in 1993 and since then has undertaken training in many additional areas of medicine including cosmetic procedures, sports medicine, the use of medical lasers and Disability Analysis.
Dr Moorhead is also an Honorary Clinical Tutor in General Practice at The University of Sheffield Medical School and Medical Director of three established NHS surgeries in Sheffield.
Dr Moorhead is a friendly and approachable doctor and we are delighted to offer his services at Claremont.
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are recognised by all major health insurers.
Find out more
We welcome patients wishing to pay-as-they-go for treatment and offer a wide range of medical services and procedures.
Find out more