Mr Andrew Wyman
Consultant General Surgeon
QualificationsMB ChB, MD, FRCS (Eng), FRCS (Gen Surg), FCSHK
Main NHS base:
Northern General Hospital
The Surgical Practice, Trusted Healthcare Partners (THP)
Scope of Practice:
Mr Wyman is Consultant General Surgeon at the Northern General Hospital, with a private practice at Claremont.
- General surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Upper GI (gastric and oesophageal surgery)
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Gastro-oesophageal & pancreatico-bilary surgery
- Gall stones surgery
Training & background:
Mr Andrew Wyman trained in Sheffield and qualified in 1982. He undertook surgical training in Leicester and Sheffield. Further specialist training was undertaken in Japan and Hong Kong. He was appointed as Consultant Surgeon in 1996.
He has held/holds the following positions:
- Member of the Court of Examiners, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Lead Clinician for Upper Gastrointestinal Cancer, North Trent Cancer Network
- Lead Clinician for Upper GI Cancer Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
- Council Member, Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Member of Joint Advisory Group for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Surgical Advisory Committee Member, UK Surgical Training
- Chairman, General Surgical Speciality Board, Joint Committee for Intercollegiate Examinations
Mr Wyman has a busy private practice at Claremont.
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are recognised by all major health insurers.
Find out more
We welcome patients wishing to pay-as-they-go for treatment and offer a wide range of medical services and procedures.
Find out more