Mr David Yates
Consultant Urological Surgeon
QualificationsMD, MBChB, MRCS, FRCS
Main NHS base:
Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- The European Association of Urology
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
Scope of Practice:
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery
- Diagnosis and treatment of bladder cancer, prostate cancer and kidney cancer
- General urological problems
- Benign prostate disease
- Difficulty passing urine
- PSA Screening for prostate cancer
- Recurrent urinary tract infections (male and female)
Training & background:
Mr David Yates is a Consultant Urological Surgeon in the NHS at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital, with a private practice at Claremont.
He completed all his training in Sheffield, right through from finishing medical school in 1999 to his appointment as a Consultant Urological Surgeon in 2012.
In 2011, Mr Yates completed a one year surgical fellowship in Paris where he learned how to perform da Vinci® robot-assisted surgery (not available at Claremont). He was the first surgeon to perform a robotic operation in Sheffield, a radical prostatectomy in October 2013, and is the lead for robotic-assisted surgery in Sheffield.
He has experience of treating many general urology conditions as well as specialising in cancer of the urinary tract and minimally-invasive (keyhole) surgery.
He is able to offer a comprehensive and efficient service for patients with lower urinary tract symptoms, benign prostate disease and men with concerns about their risk of prostate cancer.
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Personal website address: