Mr Michael Edwards
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon
QualificationsMB ChB FRCS FRCS (Orth)
Main NHS base:
Scope of Practice:
- Sub Specialist Hand Surgeon
- General Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery including Hip and knee replacement.
- Arthroscopy knee
- Medicolegal Expert
- Personal injury
- Industrial Work related Upper limb Disorders
- Clinical Negligence
- Public Speaking and media
Training & background:
Mr Edwards is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a private practice at Claremont.
Mr Michael Edwards is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a subspecialty interest in hand surgery as well as trauma, hips and knees. He uses The LCS total knee replacement which has a documented 96% survival rate at 20 years.
He graduated from Sheffield and completed his post-graduate training in Oxford. Mr Edwards has gained a wealth of experience over the years, including deployment as Surgeon Commander with 34 Field Hospital in Basra in 2003. Mr Edwards is also an expert in combat trauma.
Mr Edwards has been medical expert for a number of cutting edge TV programmes including:
- National Geographic documentary series “The Perfect Weapon” 2008 – 6 episodes
- “Mummy Forensics” series on History Channel 200 – 2 episodes
- “Ancient Discoveries” on History Channel 2008/9 – 6 episodes
- “Inside the body of Henry V111” with Lucy Worsley Flashback films April 2009
- “The Man in the Iron Mask” Parthenon films 2009
- “History of the World” Cloud productions for BBC1 February 2010
- “E numbers” Plum Pictures for BBC 2 April 2010
- “Back from the Dead- Crusaders” broadcast Channel 4 on 11th September 2011 October Films.
- “The Truth behind Saving Private Ryan- True Stories broadcast Channel 5 on14th February 2012 Blink Films.
- “Great British Castles” presented by Historian Dan Jones. Channel 5 . January 2015.
Mr Edwards has an extensive Medicolegal Practice and specialises in Personal Injury, Industrial work related Disorders of the Upper limb and Clinical Negligence. He is an accredited Public Speaker and lectures on Medicolegal courses.
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Personal website address:
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are recognised by all major health insurers.
Find out more
We welcome patients wishing to pay-as-they-go for treatment and offer a wide range of medical services and procedures.
Find out more