Mr Radwan Faraj
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
QualificationsMBChB MRCOG DFFP
Main NHS base:
Rotherham General Hospital
Scope of Practice:
Anterior and Posterior repair
Bleeding after menopause
- Ovarian Cysts
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Vaginal hysterectomy / vaginal repair
Minimal access surgery (hysteroscopy & laparoscopy)
Out-patient endometrial ablation
Anterior and posterior repair
Laparoscopic sterilisation and it’s reversal
Mr Faraj is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Rotherham General Hospital, with a private practice at Claremont. He has been in the speciality for the last 20 years.
Mr Faraj is the lead of the Infertility Unit in Rotherham / South Yorkshire and has a wide experience in the management of infertile couples. He is Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Sheffield and currently the RCOG tutor for junior doctors at Rotherham Hospital. He is also an accredited trainer in Pelvic Ultrasound by the British Fertility Society.
He has a special interest in recurrent miscarriage, gynaecology scanning, endometriosis and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
He was the medical director of the first IVF unit in Muscat and had the first IVF baby in the Sultanate of Oman.
Mr. Faraj has advanced experience in minimal access surgery including laparoscopic and hysteroscopic gynaecological surgery. He provides variety of fertility treatment and laparoscopic tubal surgery.
Training & background:
- Sep-1991 MBChB Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq
- Jun-1998 Masters Degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
- Oct-1998 CABOG Certificate of the Arab Board for Higher Specialisations in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the North West of England in Manchester Hospitals (2004-2010)
- May-2005 MRCOG
- Jul-2006 Diploma of Faculty of Family Planning and Reproductive Health (Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare, London, United Kingdom)
- Dec-2009 CCT RCOG – London, United Kingdom
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Personal website address:
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are recognised by all major health insurers.
Find out more
We welcome patients wishing to pay-as-they-go for treatment and offer a wide range of medical services and procedures.
Find out more