Mr Showkat Mirza
Consultant ENT Surgeon
QualificationsB.Med.Sci, B.M, B.S. FRCSEd (Otol), Intercollegiate Specialty Examination
Main NHS base:
Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- The Medical Protection Society
- British Medical Association
- British Association of Otolaryngologist – Hean & Neck Surgeons
- North of England Otolaryngological Society
- British Rhinological Society
- Member of the ENT UK Surverys Expert Panel
Scope of Practice:
- General ENT
- Blocked Nose
- Nasal Injuries
- Facial Trauma
- Facial Pain and Facial Lesions
- Throat and Voice Disorders
- Neck Lumps
- Feeling of Lump in the Throat
- Voice Problems i.e hoarseness
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Trauma
- Dizziness & Vertigo
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- Salivary Gland Disease
- Ear Infections
- Perforated Ear Drum
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Repair of Protruding Ears / Pinnaplasty
- Split Ear Lobes
- Medico-Legal Reporting Service
Mr Mirza is married with 2 children and enjoys football, photography and watching films with the family.
Fees, Training & Background:
Mr Showkat Mirza is a Consulant ENT Surgeon at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital & Sheffield Children’s Hospital, with a private practice at Claremont.
He attended the University of Nottingham Medical School where he obtained a science degree as well as medical degrees. He undertook his higher surgical training in Newcastle and the Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham before completing a 1 year Fellowship in Adelaide, Australia.
He has been a consultant in ENT since 2007 in Sheffield performing general ENT with a subspecialist interest in the snoring, nose and sinus disease.
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are recognised by all major health insurers.
Find out more
We welcome patients wishing to pay-as-they-go for treatment and offer a wide range of medical services and procedures.
Find out more