Mr Showkat Mirza
Consultant ENT Surgeon
QualificationsB.Med.Sci, B.M, B.S. FRCSEd (Otol), Intercollegiate Specialty Examination
Main NHS base:
Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- The Medical Protection Society
- British Medical Association
- British Association of Otolaryngologist – Hean & Neck Surgeons
- North of England Otolaryngological Society
- British Rhinological Society
- Member of the ENT UK Surverys Expert Panel
Scope of Practice:
- General ENT
- Blocked Nose
- Nasal Injuries
- Facial Trauma
- Facial Pain and Facial Lesions
- Throat and Voice Disorders
- Neck Lumps
- Feeling of Lump in the Throat
- Voice Problems i.e hoarseness
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Trauma
- Dizziness & Vertigo
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- Salivary Gland Disease
- Ear Infections
- Perforated Ear Drum
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Repair of Protruding Ears / Pinnaplasty
- Split Ear Lobes
- Medico-Legal Reporting Service
Mr Mirza is married with 2 children and enjoys football, photography and watching films with the family.
Training & background:
Mr Showkat Mirza is a Consulant ENT Surgeon at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital & Sheffield Children’s Hospital, with a private practice at Claremont.
He attended the University of Nottingham Medical School where he obtained a science degree as well as medical degrees. He undertook his higher surgical training in Newcastle and the Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham before completing a 1 year Fellowship in Adelaide, Australia.
He has been a consultant in ENT since 2007 in Sheffield performing general ENT with a subspecialist interest in the snoring, nose and sinus disease.
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are recognised by all major health insurers.
Find out more
We welcome patients wishing to pay-as-they-go for treatment and offer a wide range of medical services and procedures.
Find out more