Mrs Susan Douglas
Consultant ENT Surgeon
QualificationsMBBS (Hons) UWI, FRCSEd, FRCS (ORL-HNS)
Main NHS base:
Rotherham General Hospital
Scope of Practice:
- General Adult ENT
- Ear discharge
- Ear infections, perforated ear drum
- Hearing loss
- Balance disorder / Dizziness/ Vertigo
- Repair of protruding ears, split ear lobes
- Ear canal / middle ear/ Mastoid surgery
- Nose bleeds
- Nasal injuries/facial injuries/ear trauma
- Blocked nose, Septoplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery
- Tonsillectomy (adults and children)
- Throat and voice disorders
- Neck lumps
- Salivary gland disease
- Feeling of lump in throat
- Snoring, obstructive sleep apnoea
- Voice problems, i.e hoarseness
- Facial pain and facial lesions
Mrs Douglas is a Consultant ENT Surgeon at Rotherham General Hospital with a private practice at Claremont Private Hospital.
She completed her medical training with an honours degree in 1995 going on to complete her ENT specialist training in the South Trent region working at the University Hospitals of Nottingham, Leicester and Derby. Mrs Douglas then developed a subspecialist interest in Otology (diseases and surgery of the ear) and was awarded the Graham Fraser fellowship in Otology and Cochlear Implantation to work in Sydney in 2006. After completing that fellowship, she researched hearing loss at the Garvan Institute for Medical Research in Sydney.
She has worked at the University Hospitals Bristol and the Bristol Royal Hospital for Children from 2008 and has now relocated to Rotherham.
Mrs Douglas has presented nationally and internationally, published peer-reviewed articles in ENT and worked with the British Medical Journal group to publish articles on Dizziness and Cholesteatoma. She also teaches medical students and GPs about general ENT disorders and ear complaints.
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are recognised by all major health insurers.
Find out more
We welcome patients wishing to pay-as-they-go for treatment and offer a wide range of medical services and procedures.
Find out more