Mr Mostafa Metwally
QualificationsMedical Doctorate in Reproductive Medicine (University of Sheffield), FRCOG, MBBCh
Main NHS base:
Jessop Wing & Royal Hallamshire Hospital
Scope of Practice:
- Gynaecology & Women's Health Services
- Accredited Subspecialist in Infertility & Reproductive surgery
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- General gynaecology
- Reproductive medicine & surgery
- Infertility investigation & treatment (male & female)
- Investigation & treatment of recurrent miscarriage
- Assisted conception (IVF - ICSI- Intrauterine insemination)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Ovulation induction & monitoring
- Tubal surgery
- Reversal of sterilisation
- Hysterectomy (including laparoscopic hysterectomy)
- Fibroids (Including laparoscopic mymomectomy)
- Ovarian cysts
- Advanced hysteroscopic surgery (hysteroscopic management of uterine anomalies, fibroids & adhesions)
- Menstrual disorders (including endometrial ablation)
- Pelvic pain & endometriosis
- Early pregnancy problems
- Early pregnancy ultrasound scans
Training & background:
Mr Metwally is a Consultant Gynaecologist in the NHS at the Jessop Wing and the Royal Hallamshire Hospital, with a private practice at Claremont.
He is an accredited Subspecialist in reproductive medicine and surgery. After completing his training in Sheffield, he worked at Ninewells Hospital & Medical School in Dundee, Scotland where he led the development of the Reproductive Surgery service introducing several new techniques such as laparoscopic myomectomy.
He has now returned to Sheffield and his main area of interest is reproductive medicine, fertility treatment (including assisted conception treatment - IVF and ICSI) and reproductive surgery offering surgical procedures to improve fertility.
Mr Metwally also has a strong interest in minimal access surgery (keyhole surgery) particularly laparoscopic hysterectomy, myomectomy and hysteroscopic surgery for uterine anomalies and fibroids.
He also has a strong research interest and has published widely and continue to present regularly at a national and international level.
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Want to book an appointment?
Call us on:
0114 263 2114
F: 0800 181 4024
T: 0114 267 4477
Personal website address:
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are recognised by all major health insurers.
Find out more
We welcome patients wishing to pay-as-they-go for treatment and offer a wide range of medical services and procedures.
Find out more