Mr Omar Hussain
Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
QualificationsBA, BDS, BAO, BCh, MB, FDSRCS, FFDRCSI, MRCSI, FRCSI
GMC number:7049109 & General Dental Council Number (GDC) 243920
Main NHS base:
Doncaster & Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Oral surgery (mouth & teeth surgery) - wisdom teeth, dental extractions, cysts, exposure of teeth/removal of canines, dental abscess drainage, oral mucosal (lining) disorders
- Temporomandibular joint (jaw joint problems) and facial pain - arthrocentesis/arthroscopy, open TMJ surgery, TMJ replacement
- Head and neck cutaneous lesions (skin cancer) - skin biopsy or excision and reconstruction using local/regional flaps/skin grafting
- Implants - extra-oral and intra-oral implants, bone grafting, preprosthetic surgery, sinus lifts
- Trauma - fracture of mandible (lower jaw) and maxilla (upper jaw), naso-orbital-ethmoid frontal (mid face) bones, fractures of Zygoma (cheek bone), orbital floor (eye socket), nasal fracture
- Salivary gland problems - surgery and management of parotid, submandibular and sublingual glands, ranulas and mucocele
- Orthognathic (facial deformity surgery) - mandibular (lower jaw) and maxillary(upper jaw) osteotomy (surgically realignment), malar (cheek bone) / orbital (eye socket) osteotomy(surgically realignment), distraction osteogenesis (new bone formation using devices to correct facial deformities),genioplasty (chin realignment/ reduction/ augmentation).
- Medico-legal reporting
Training & background:
Mr Hussain is a Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon and Specialty Lead within the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery & Orthodontic Department at Doncaster & Bassetlaw NHS Trust, now with a private practice at Claremont.
He is registered with the General Dental Council and as a specialist with the General Medical Council in the UK. Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) is a unique specialty treating conditions such as head and neck cancers, salivary gland diseases, facial disproportion, facial pain, Temporo-Mandibular (Jaw) Joint disorders, impacted teeth, cysts and tumours of the jaws as well as numerous problems affecting the oral mucosa such as mouth ulcers and infection.
Mr Hussain is a dually qualified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon (OMFS) and has been through medical & dental education and training pathway for dental surgery, general surgery (CT) and specialty lead of OMFS and orthodontic department.
He is a clinical trainer and holds honorary senior clinical lecturer post and is also an examiner for the University of Sheffield. He is also an examiner at the RCS of Ireland.
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Want to book an appointment?
Call us on:
0114 263 2114
F: 0800 181 4024
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are recognised by all major health insurers.
Find out more
We welcome patients wishing to pay-as-they-go for treatment and offer a wide range of medical services and procedures.
Find out more