- Our Hospital
- Our Consultants
- Services & Treatments
- Funding Your Treatment
- Patient Information
- Contact Us
- GP & HP+ Zone
1. The Fixed Price includes:
2. The Fixed Price excludes (unless stated in your written quotation):
3. The price covers the treatment or condition for which you are originally admitted and related complications only. Should you be found, at either pre-operative assessment, or on admission, to have a pre-existing condition which requires additional treatment and/or extra nights stay in hospital, further charges will be incurred.
4. Should a problem arise which is not related to your fixed price treatment or a related complication and your consultant considers treatment to be necessary, additional charges will be made in accordance with the hospital’s standard scale of charges prevailing at that time. You or your next of kin will be advised of any additional charges before they are incurred.
5. Claremont Private Hospital reserves the right to terminate the Fixed Price Agreement immediately in the event of your failure to disclose any pre-existing condition known to you.
6. The price only covers care arranged at Claremont Private Hospital itself and not at any other unit.
7. No refund will be given if you remain in the hospital for less than the expected length of stay or if any elements of care are not used (e.g. physiotherapy).
8. Fixed Price treatment ends on the earliest of the following dates: the hospital discharge date set by your consultant, or the day you leave hospital. At your own request and subject to bed availability, you may continue to stay in hospital after Consultant discharge, in which case the hospital’s normal charges will apply.
9. In the event that you have to be re-admitted in respect of a related complication, the original price will cover your hospital charges (subject to clause 8 above), including Consultant Surgeon and Anaesthetist fees. You will be covered for a total of 12 months, including the period of your original stay in hospital, provided that complications are notified to the hospital and agreed with your Consultant. It is the patient’s responsibility to notify the Private Patient Team on 0114 263 2114 of any complications that arise. Any subsequent periods of re-admission whether subject to Fixed Price treatment or otherwise, are not included in the price.
10. In the event of a related complication arising, the hospital reserves the right to review your care after 30 days continuous stay in hospital, following discussion with you and your consultant. A decision may then be made to charge for additional care from and including the 31st day onwards. However, if you remain in the hospital beyond the 30 day limit, any subsequent re-admission will not be included in the price.
11. The hospital will expect the price to be paid in full before admission and before treatment is given. Failure to make payment prior to admission may result in the cancellation of your procedure Payment can be made by cash, credit card, personal cheque, company cheque, bankers or building society cheque. Cheques must be received at the hospital at least ten days prior to admission. Any personal charges must be paid on discharge.
12. The hospital reserves the right to refuse Fixed Price Treatment.
13. The price only applies to a patient who has received written confirmation from the hospital prior to admission.
14. Any Surgeon, Anaesthetist or other Consultants concerned with your care will be self-employed and will provide his/her services direct to you and is not an employee or agent of Claremont Private Hospital. Accordingly Claremont Private Hospital cannot accept any liability for his/her work.