Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and Maxillofacial surgery is the speciality concerned with the surgical management of conditions affecting the teeth, mouth, jaws, face and neck. This speciality is unique and requires dual qualification in medicine and dentistry, in addition to the general and specialist surgical training.
The oral and maxillofacial surgery service at Claremont is served by caring, local consultants who offer inpatient surgical treatment, orthodontics and restorative dental surgery.
Our consultants are experts in:
- Surgical removal of wisdom teeth, buried roots and other teeth
- Exposure or removal of buried canine teeth
- Surgical removal of jaw cysts and tumours
- Excision of biopsy of lip, mouth and tongue lesions
- Treatment for mouth ulcers, sore mouth and facial pain
- Salivary surgery & problems
- Surgery for facial injuries and trauma such as broken jaws and cheek bones
- Treatment of temporomandibular (the joint between the skull and lower jaw bone) joint disease
- Surgery to correct dental and Orthognathic (facial deformity surgery)
- Bone grafting
- Non-surgical facial cosmetic procedures - muscle relaxing injections and fillers
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Sleep medicine
- Headaches & migraines
*Please note we do not provide general dental treatment such as check-ups, fillings, crowns or gum treatments.
A private consultation with a Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon at Claremont ranges between £125-£250 if you don't have health insurance. For more information or to book an appointment, just call our Private Patient Team on 0114 263 2114 or email email@example.com. You will need a referral letter from your GP or Dentist or you can quickly see one of our Private GPs for this if you prefer.
Want to book an appointment?