Cardiology is the investigation, diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the cardiovascular system which includes the heart, arteries, veins, arterioles, venules, and capillaries.
Cardiologists specialise in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. Consultants often focus on a particular area, but collectively they diagnose and treat patients suffering from diseases of the heart, lungs and blood vessels, perform heart surgeries, and educate patients on preventing heart problems and living a heart-healthy lifestyle.
We diagnose and manage patients with a variety of cardiac conditions including arrhythmia, heart disease, high blood pressure (hypertension) and low blood pressure. We also provide cardiac screening to assess the health of your heart and your risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
Our outpatients department is fully equipped to provide a comprehensive range of diagnostic cardiac tests including blood pressure monitoring, ECGs, exercise tolerance testing and holter monitoring. The hospital has invested in diagnostics to provide the facilities onsite to carry out:
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Cardiac screening
- Chest pain
- Coronary artery disease
- ECGs (to measure the electrical activity of the heart)
- Echocardiograms (an ultrasound scan of the heart)
- Exercise tolerance testing
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure (Hypertension)
- Holter monitoring (records your heart’s rate and rhythm over a 24hr or 7-day period).
- Risk factors for ischaemic heart disease