Endocrinology is a branch of biology and medicine dealing with the endocrine system, its diseases, and hormone production.The endocrine system consists of several glands, all in different parts of the body, that secrete hormones directly into the blood. Hormones have many different functions on different organs.The clinical specialty of Endocrinology focuses primarily on the endocrine organs, meaning the organs whose primary function is hormone secretion. These organs include the pituitary, thyroid, adrenals, ovaries, testes, and pancreas.
Our Endocrinologist Consultants specialise in the management of all aspects of general Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine in adults. Including:
- Thyroid conditions – hormonal disturbance (hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism); thyroid nodular disease and goitre.
- Adrenal conditions
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and hirsuitism
- Pituitary conditions
- Parathyroid, calcium & vitamin D disturbances
- Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- Menopausal symptoms
- Hypogonadism including testosterone replacement therapy
Endocrinologists are concerned with the thyroid, pituitary and adrenal glands, among others, as well as nutritional disorders, sexual disorders, and problems such as diabetes and hypertension.
Want to book an appointment?