Cartiva Toe Implant for Arthritis – Sheffield
If you’re suffering from arthritis in the main joint of the big toe (also known as Hallux Rigidus), the revolutionary Cartiva toe implant could be an option for you.
Sheffield Foot & Ankle Centre surgeons Mr Chris Blundell and Mr Mark Davies have used this revolutionary and scientifically proven treatment to offer their patients a new option in treating arthritis of the big toe.
Arthritis of the toe presents with a painful range of movement within the main joint of the big toe due to the wearing away of the smooth cartilage lining of the joint.
Expected benefits of Cartiva:
- Replaces damaged cartilage with a polymer similar to human cartilage
- Provides pain relief
- Preserves range of motion
- Minimal bone loss “burns no bridges”
- Easy revision to fusion if necessary
- Quick, simple surgical procedure
- Quick recovery time and fast rehabilitation
Cartiva is not suitable for:
- Patients with bent big toe or bunions
- Patients having had previous cheilectomy surgery
- Patient with previous bone or joint infection within the big toe
- Patients with severe inflammatory disease or gout may not be suitable
- Patients having had multiple previous surgeries to the forefoot may make Cartiva implantation difficult
**Please note that after your initial consultation, it is possible that Cartiva may not be suitable for you.**
To find out more, view our comprehensive information packs:
If you think you may be suitable for Cartiva, simply call 0114 263 2114 to book an appointment with Mr Blundell or Mr Davies.
Want to book an appointment?