- Our Hospital
- Our Consultants
- Services & Treatments
- Funding Your Treatment
- Patient Information
- Contact Us
- GP & HP+ Zone
It is becoming very common for people to feel that they cannot access their GP as quickly as they would like, or get as much time with their GP as they would like to discuss their health concerns. We understand that GPs do their very best to see everybody, but sometimes people just want more time to discuss a particular concern, or have their condition explained to them in more detail. More information and better understanding of common (and uncommon) health conditions can avoid unnecessary worry or concern.
Private GP consultations at Claremont Private Hospital, Sheffield give you a choice. You can choose to see a fully qualified NHS GP, for as long as you wish, usually same day or within 24 hours. You can access the service as a one-off or visit regularly, it’s up to you. Our Private GPs can also onward refer you to Claremont Consultant Specialists if you have health insurance, or are paying for treatment yourself.
Private GP consultations complement GP services offered in the NHS. It is good clinical practice for Private GPs to keep your NHS GP informed of any consultations, tests, scans, diagnostic or surgical procedures undertaken privately at Claremont, exactly the same as if you were seeing a Consultant privately.
It is always advisable to register with an NHS GP. However, if you do not feel you can access a GP or are an overseas patient seeking private treatment in the UK, our Private GP Service will be just the thing for you. Please note we cannot offer a translation service at this time.
• Treatment at a time to suit you, with virtually no waiting times
• Spotlessly clean and safe environment
• Easy access to your Private GP or Consultant throughout your journey
• Free parking
• Access to over 240 Consultant experts
• We are recognised by all health insurers
• Professional, caring and friendly nursing staff
• If you don’t have health insurance, you can self-fund any private treatment
• Consultations, treatment and management of health conditions
• Private prescriptions
• Cervical smear screening*
• Standard and specialised blood tests*
• Urine testing, height, weight, BMI assessment and lifestyle advice
• X-ray, Ultrasound, CT and MRI scanning*
• Occupational Health checks*
• Onward referral to over 230 Claremont Consultant experts (if clinically indicated)
• In depth discussion and understanding of current health concerns
• Sexual health concerns
• Medical examinations – pre-employment, driving, insurance and immigration*
• Mole and skin assessments, including minor skin surgery*
• Family planning and contraceptive advice
• Joint injections*
*additional charges apply
Blood test results requiring discussion with the GP will be given and discussed at a follow up appointment. It is unlikely that this service will be covered by health insurance, although it is always advisable to check. For self-funding patients, payment will be politely requested on the day of appointment. If you spend longer than booked with the GP, please note you will be charged for additional time taken.