Gynaecology & women’s health
We are delighted to introduce our large team of expert Consultant Gynaecologists. Between them, they cover every area of Gynaecology and run some very innovative services, as well as their routine clinics.
Gynaecology is the study of the female reproductive system, its functions, disorders and diseases. It is very common for ladies to experience some kind of gynaecological problem in their lifetime and our experts see lots of patients on a daily basis. This can include complaints such as menstrual problems, fibroids, problems getting pregnant, ovarian cysts, Endometriosis, menopause treatment and cervical polyps. Consultant Gynaecologists can also provide advice on contraception and pregnancy. Common gynaecological operations include hysterectomy, laparoscopy and colposcopy.
It might be that you already know what the problem is and just want to access private treatment to sort it out, but more and more ladies nowadays experience symptoms that remain undiagnosed and just want a little investigation to put their mind at rest or simply get some answers. Privately insured or self-funding patients can access any one of our Consultant Gynaecologists (with a GP referral letter).
Between them, our experts offer treatment and services for:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Anterior repair
- Uterine fibroids
- Heavy periods (Menorrhagia)
- Painful periods (Dysmenorrhagia)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Uterine and endometrial polyps
- Vaginal and uterine prolapse
- Sexual health investigations and vaccinations
- Menopause management and treatment
- Breast problems (Miss Iman Azmy only)
- Problems conceiving
- Antenatal services
- Pelvic floor treatment
- Pre Menstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Urodynamics (genital prolapse and urinary incontinence)
- Sexual dysfunction (loss of libido/problems during intercourse)
- Itching or burning
- Irregular discharge
- Labial reduction (for cosmetic/medical reasons)
- Miscarriage and recurrent miscarriage
- Pelvic pain
- Reversal of sterilisation
- Screening, diagnosis and treatment for gynaecological cancers
- Intermittent or irregular periods
Common diagnostic tests include:
- Pelvic examination
- Sexual health screening
- Blood tests
- Ultrasound scanning
- Hysteroscopy (A procedure to examine the inside of the uterus (womb). It is carried out using a hysteroscope, which is a narrow tube with a telescope at the end).
- Biopsy (To identify abnormal cells and help diagnose health conditions or find out a specific type or cause of a disease. In cases where a condition has been diagnosed, a biopsy can be used to measure how severe it is or what stage it’s at).
- Colposcopy (A procedure during which the surface of the cervix is closely examined using a magnifying instrument called a colposcope).
- Flexible Cystoscopy
Common surgical procedures include:
- Hysterectomy (A surgical procedure to remove the womb (uterus). After the operation you will no longer be able to get pregnant).
- Hysteroscopic Endometrial Ablation
- Pelvic floor surgery
- Reversal of sterilisation
- Vaginal and uterine prolapse surgery
- Tension-free Vaginal Tape
- Endometrial ablation (for heavy periods)
- Laparoscopy (A surgical procedure allowing the surgeon to access the inside of the abdomen and pelvis without having to make large incisions in the skin, also known as keyhole surgery).
- Posterio Prolapse Repair
It’s easy to access our Private Gynaecology Services
It is a very common misconception that private healthcare automatically means ‘expensive’. If you have private health insurance, it will only cost you your normal policy excess to access our services and if you don’t have health insurance, an initial consultation will cost between £150 and £250. The cost of the consultation does not reflect expertise as all our Consultant Specialists hold NHS Consultant posts, assuring you of the best possible standards of care and knowledge.
If you are funding your own treatment, any outpatient procedures, scans, blood tests or surgical procedures will carry an additional cost which you will be kept fully informed of throughout your journey with us. We have recently reviewed all our prices to ensure we remain competitive and in line with other private healthcare providers.
Gynaecology & women’s health Consultants